Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I'm sure on the list of people with important opinions in your life, I'm probably not going to crack the top 10. However, here is a list of cool websites that you may find interesting:

1) myfitnesspal.com If you are looking to loose weight the old fashioned proven way, this website is a handy one to have bookmarked. Not only is it free, but it's easy to use and more thorough than other sites I've tried. It includes tons of restaurant calories and you can input your favorite recipes so you can keep track of the home cooked meals you're inhaling! It also has an exercise database that gives you estimated calories burned per work out. It's very user friendly and has a companion app. Why pay for Weight Watchers when this is just as effective?

2) newdvdreleases.biz. I'm sure there are a ton of pages that have the newest dvd releases. However, I've found that this one is the most complete. It includes things that have already been out for awhile. Things that are currently coming out, and things that will be out soon. It helps me keep my Netflix queue updated.

3) recreation.gov My OCD tendencies make traveling on the fly anxiety ridden. I wasn't even aware that there was a website out there that allowed you to book camping sites in advance. But here it is. Make sure you're 100% certain of your reservation plans however. The cancellation fee on this site is pricey.

4) mixbook.com I love to scrapbook, but I'm not very creative...nor am I rich. I just discovered this site at the beginning of the year and I've had a ball creating new pages. I've yet to have them ship me a book, so I can't attest to the quality of the creations. However, I think this is going to save me a truck load on paper, stickers and gadgets.

5) kraftrecipes.com I love to watch all things Food Network. I enjoy witnessing seasoned chefs put together amazing meals with 35 ingredients. That's because it's all fantasy. In my life I need a meal that's inexpensive, easy and tasty. I love this site for that very reason. We can mix up our menus with new fun foods that the kids (and my picky husband) will eat. Another bonus is that that they usually include nutritional information for each recipe.

6) bettycrocker.com Not quite as user friendly as kraft, but even more choices.

7) palaceresorts.com OK...not really something you can use right away but amazing nonetheless. We've enjoyed the 5 star accommodations at the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun for 3 years in a row. If you've never done all-inclusive travel, you're missing out on a huge luxury. The lodging, food, alcohol, entertainment, and local tours are included. Plus, you're allowed to visit other Palace resorts in the area and partake of their food and entertainment. The service is fantastic and I always felt safe. I know people assume that it's horribly expensive to travel all-inclusive, but that's where you're wrong. The last trip we took was a 6 night vacation. Including flight, we spent about $3200. Don't book it on this site however. This is just a good one to look at photos and check out the included amenities. Go to expedia or something for the actual booking. It will save you tons.

Moon Palace Resort and Spa 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment